Monday, October 13, 2014

Better Than I Expected

Sorry there was no post yesterday; I was gone all day, and by the time I got back I just couldn't make myself deal with it. My mom, my sister and I went to Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh. I know it sounds kind of boring, and honestly I didn't particularly want to go, but it was actually pretty great. They had some quite unusual plants there that I had never seen before, and the whole place smelled fucking amazing. The best part though, I think, was just the atmosphere of the place. There were a lot of people there (way more than I expected) but it still just had this pleasant, sort of serene vibe about it. Plus, apparently they're really into sustainability, and energy efficiency, and whatnot, which is really cool. I would actually kind of like to go back sometime and just hang out there. 

Anyway, on the way home the GPS took us some ridiculously long, complicated route that took twice as long and required us to pay four separate tolls, hence the lack of blog post.
Also, one of the rooms at Phipps had a bunch of glass sculptures that my sister and I agreed looked very much like the Slender Man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment