Friday, March 1, 2013

Ever Get that Feeling Someone's In the Backseat? Frowny Face

I automatically turn around and look in the backseat almost every time I get in my car. It's not that I'm paranoid or anything; I don't actually believe anyone is back there. It just seems like a very easy, practical way to avoid an extremely cliched horror movie death. I also tend to pay attention to other things that are stereotypically indicative of something bad about to happen in a movie. I'm always wary of things like seeing the same random person in more than one place in the same day, or the same car staying behind me for an extended period of time. These just seem like common sense precautions to me.

While we are on the topic of horror movies, what is the deal with every woman in every horror movie, and a lot of other movies as well, doing that shrieking thing? As I have said on multiple occasions, I am not a normal girl. So maybe it's just that I'm weird, but I don't get that. I just don't think that I would ever scream like that. I mean what good does it do? Personally, I think it makes a lot more sense to save your breath and try to fight the guy off, but maybe that's just me. I don't care if I'm being attacked by some crazed murderer, or a ghost, or a zombie, or whatever, I just don't see myself ever doing that. 

2 comments:

  1. I also check the backseat. . . and the closets and bathtub in every hotel room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Closed shower curtains simply will not do.

      Delete