Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Damn You Healthy REM Cycle!

As I mentioned yesterday, my goal for this week was to accomplish some of the things that I haven't had the time to do until now. Unfortunately, the week is half over and all I have managed to do is sleep too much. I hate sleeping too much because 1-it's wasted time that I could use to do something else and, more importantly, it makes me fucking spastic.

When my brain is tired it seems to work (sort of) like a normal human brain but when it's not, it gets all manic and obsessive. Yesterday I ordered a new necklace, it's really cool and I can't wait to get it. Well today I got this idea that I should make a new chain for it. I kind of wanted to do a steam punk kind of theme. I'm pretty good at making beaded jewelry, but I've never tired anything like what I was thinking of. So my well-rested brain starts throwing out this cacophony of ideas about what I should use and how I should use it.

Then I went on this crazy rampage, digging through all of my bead stuff, all of my sewing stuff, all of my jewelry boxes, and ultimately my dad's random-shit-that-doesn't-belong-anywhere drawer. I ended up with this huge pile of stuff that I have absolutely no idea what to do with. The most annoying part is that, as I said , I just ordered the necklace yesterday, so odds are I will go through all of this hassle to make this thing and then when the necklace gets here it will look stupid and I'll just have to make another one that actually goes with the necklace. I suppose, if all else fails, I could just wear it on the chain it comes on like a normal person.

Here is the necklace I ordered. If you like it, you should definitely check out this Shop. Elise is an amazing artist and a generally cool person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment