Sunday, March 3, 2013

YAAAAY! I guess.....

Well everyone, I took my test yesterday. I passed the physical part and apparently it's going to be a while before we get the results from the written part. Then there will still be the psychological test and the background check. Good times. Anyway, both tests went alright for the most part.

There was supposed to be one other female applying for the job but she didn't show up, so it was me and thirty guys. Awkward.  They split us into three groups of ten (my group ended up with eleven, because there was some crazy girl there who thought she could compete with thirty guys, and who turned out to be right HAH!). I ended up in the last group which is apparently where all the losers ended up, because two people out of my group couldn't do push-ups and one couldn't do sit-ups. Then we had to run one and a half miles in fifteen minutes. This was the part I was worried about. I knew I could do push-ups and sit-ups, but I hadn't practiced running in a long time (mistake!). As I suspected, I still suck at running. I made it though, and I came in fourth or fifth out of what was left of my group. I say fourth or fifth because I lost track of one of the other guys, I think he was behind me though. It was fairly miserable, but I made it through fine. Then, as soon as I was done, my lungs said "Okay so you don't need us anymore, right?" then they collapsed. I seriously need to work on that.

Then we had to come back later and do the written test. It was weird. We had to read this little booklet for 25 minutes and try to remember as much of it as we could. Then the test asked us questions from the booklet. There were also all of these questions about what steps you should take, and in what order, in a given situation. Then there were several about distance and direction and which route would be quickest and how far you would be from your starting point and whatever. Those made me a bit nervous because I am not good with direction at all, like at all. Overall I feel pretty okay about  it though. I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.

Anyway, right now I kind of feel like this

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm glad the physical went so well. I'm sure you did well on the written test too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so, apparently the scores on the written test are a major factor in deciding who gets hired.

      Delete