Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Break from Slacktivism

I went leafleting yesterday for the first time in over a year. Jon Camp from Vegan Outreach was in town so I helped him out for a little while. I really should do it more often. I know how effective leafleting is. It's probably the best thing any of us can do to actually make a difference in our every day lives, but it stresses me out so much! I'm terrible at dealing with people and I get so pissed when people are assholes to me when I'm trying to do something good. Shockingly, things actually went really well yesterday though. Partly because it was the last day before spring break and there was basically no one on campus. Out of the like twenty people I gave pamphlets to though, I didn't meet one single asshole! Yay! A couple of people actually seemed interested too. One guy came back by after I gave him a pamphlet and said "If you keep giving those out, this whole campus is going to be vegan." Considering it was Fairmont WV I find that highly unlikely, but it still made me pretty happy.
This is from Bizarro Comics which are created by a very cool vegan artist. Check him out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment