Thursday, March 7, 2013

Satisfaction

Maybe this is a completely unhealthy way of looking at things, but I hope I never become satisfied. I mean with some things, sure. I hope someday I find a job that I'm happy with and a satisfying relationship would be nice too. Overall though, I hope I never get to the point where I don't want more, want better, especially when it comes to myself. I hope I never become one of those people who just stop trying to be more than they are. There is this trend in our society now of encouraging people to accept themselves exactly as they are, and I think it's a mistake. When you accept yourself as you are, you lose your motivation to grow and become better. Why would we ever want to accept less than our absolute best?

                                                           by ~gureitsu on deviantART

No comments:

Post a Comment