Friday, February 8, 2013

Let's Try This Again

I'm seriously considering trying the whole raw food thing (again). There are so many people who talk about the insane health/strength/fitness benefits they get from it that I just can't justify not doing it anymore. The problem is, I've sort of tried it several times in the past and found that I get annoyed with it quickly. The truth is, veganism is easy for me because it's all about morality. The health benefits are secondary; I do it because it's the right thing to do. Going from veganism to raw food is basically like going from the SAD (Standard American Diet) to veganism, except that there really aren't any ethical reasons for it. I find that doing things purely because they are good for me is much harder than doing things because they are right. I really think I am going to give it another shot though. Partly because I saw this ridiculously cool video.

Remember this post? Well, here is a perfect example. This guy is fucking incredible!


4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the raw diet! I've heard it is crazy hard, but if anyone can do it, it's you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg. I am EXACTLY the same! I have all sorts of weird health issues but could never do it for that reason, then I saw the movie Earthlings and well, veganism was the easiest idea in the world. I'm going to get into it gradually. Start with some green smoothies each day and work from there. Will be interested to see how you go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Earthlings is such a powerful movie. I was already vegan the first time I saw it, but if I hadn't been it definitely would have done it. Thank you, hopefully I'll be more successful this time than last time :)

      Delete