Saturday, February 9, 2013

Living in a World Where No One Knows What's Important in Life, Priceless

I find that all of the things I value most are things that no one else seems to appreciate at all. The traits I work so hard to cultivate in myself are ones that seem worthless to other people. When I think about all of the things that are most sought after in our current society, it makes me feel 1-entirely alone, and 2- utterly hopeless as to the future of our world.

I value compassion for all beings in a world where most people barely show compassion to other humans.
I value strength, of body and mind, in a time when weakness is not only accepted but expected of us.
I value self-control in a society where excess and hedonism are rewarded
I value simplicity in in a country where success is measured in possessions.
I value hard work in an economy that's based around sitting at a desk.
I value courage in a culture that teaches us to be afraid of everything.

Fuck it. I'll just become a hermit.

No comments:

Post a Comment