Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bad Wolf

For quite some time now I have found myself torn between wanting to be a nice person and wanting to be one of those people who don't take any shit from anyone. I have always felt, for some reason, that it's very important to be nice to everyone. I have always felt compelled to be polite and non-confrontational even to people who are complete asshole to me. At the same time, I have always admired those people who stand up for themselves and their values and say what needs to be said, even if no one wants to hear it. I have sort of weighed the cost of each and have never been able to determine which is actually better. People will like you more if you are nice, but people will respect you more if you stand up for yourself. If you are nice to everyone, you will seem like a good person but you will also seem weak. If you don't take shit from people you will seem strong, but everyone will probably think you're an asshole. I have never been able to decide which one of those I would rather be. So far I have stuck with the whole nice thing because that's what I was used to. I feel like pretty soon it won't be up to me to decide anymore. I am quickly losing my tolerance for bullshit and I have a feeling that, in the near future, I am going to become one of those people who doesn't take shit form anyone whether I want to or not.

I kind of feel like this most of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment