Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Something. Anything!

It's amazing how much my physical state depends upon my emotional state. I can have a ridiculous overabundance of energy, or feel like I can barely move. It all depends on whether or not there is anything going on that I give a shit about. The situation in which this causes me the most trouble is trying to get up in the mornings. Most mornings, when my clock first goes off, I actually wake up fairly easily. The problem is, whatever I have to do that day never seems quite as appealing as going back to sleep "for just a few minutes". So I end up hitting my snooze button multiple times, getting up too late to do everything I needed to do and, usually, showing up late for class. Many times, I hit the snooze so many times that I eventually sleep through my clock altogether and wake an hour or more late (like today). On the rare occasion that I have something to look forward to, even if it's something completely stupid, I wake up ready to go. As I said though, rare. My point is, I need to find something, anything, to look forward to each day or I am going to end up failing all of my classes because I can't get up in time to get there. Okay, if I'm being completely honest here which, as I mentioned the other day, I am; even on the days when I do oversleep by an hour or more I still have more than enough time to make it to class. I would just have to skip doing one of the many things that are, sadly, more important to me than making it to class. These things include; my hour and a half long workout, checking my email, and writing this blog, among other things. I guess what I'm trying to say here is......


No comments:

Post a Comment