Thursday, February 21, 2013

Music and (Fictional) Life

Yesterday I talked about the way the music I listen to tends to reflect what's going on in my life. Well, lately my life has been boring as shit, so I have noticed that my music tends to correlate to whatever show I happen to be obsessed with at the time.

When I started watching Firefly I had been listening to the Giving Tree Band for a while. One of their songs has a section that goes "An outlaw's day is never done. One hand on his loot, one hand on his gun. One foot in the grave and one foot on the run. You know it's hard to keep things together." I remember thinking at the time that it would have made almost as good a theme song as "You Can't Take the Sky from Me."

Then I started listening to Dar Williams and shortly after that I started watching Doctor Who. Dar has one song with a line that goes "I thought I had no sense of place or past. Time was too slow but then too fast. The river takes us home at last." Another song contains the line "When Monday morning comes around, I'll get the work done but I'll listen for the sound." I must admit, I always keep my ears open for that sound.

When I was watching Being Human I found this fan video set to Mumford and Sons' "The Cave." I loved it so much that I bought the album and have been listening to it ever since. I have now noticed though that most of the songs actually relate much better to Supernatural than Being Human.

Here is the weirdest one I have found so far though. I was riding in the car with my sister recently and she has Skylar Grey's "Love the Way You Lie Part 3" on her Ipod. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I am half convinced that she actually wrote it about Sam and Dean.

 
"You'll always be my hero even though you've lost your mind." Perfect. 

3 comments:

  1. Also, I really need to start watching Supernatural. Adding it to the list. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should. I love it. As I'm sure you can tell, hahaha.

      Delete
  2. Probably not actually, :/ oh well, hahah.

    ReplyDelete