Thursday, February 7, 2013

Survival of the Bitchiest

The other day, my mom and I were talking about survival, specifically the difference between people who survive life-threatening situations and those who don't. We came to the consensus that the main difference is a willingness to suffer. I will tell you right now, if I am ever in a plane crash and get stuck in the wilderness or floating out in the ocean or something, I'm probably not making it back. I have absolutely no desire to die of exposure, starvation, or thirst and the possibility of being rescued is just not worth the suffering involved in trying to survive. That being said, if I ever get kidnapped by a psychopath or attacked by some evil creature ( Yes, I know there's no such thing. That's irrelevant.) I think I have a better chance than almost anyone. You see, I don't have a problem with suffering. What I don't like is suffering for no reason and, as far as I'm concerned, spite is as good a reason as any. If I get stuck in the wilderness, mother nature doesn't give two shits if I live or not, so why bother. But if there is someone actually trying to kill me, I am sure as fuck not going to make it easy for them.

2 comments: