Sunday, September 28, 2014

Why Can't I Jump Off Buildings for a Living?

My dad and I just finished watching season two of Arrow (which was fantastic, by the way!) and today we were watching all the special features and behind the scenes stuff. I always find all that shit completely fascinating. I love hearing the actors talk about their characters, and the writers and producers talk about how the story-lines came to be and where they might be going. I especially love seeing how the stunts are done; I think that looks like about the most fun a person could possibly have. Every time I watch that stuff though, I end up getting all disappointed because I always think "That's what I want to be doing!" and by "that" I mean any of it. The stunt work is the part that I think would be the best, but I honestly think any job dealing with TV or movies would be incredibly exciting. I don't know why, but I've always just been so drawn to all of that. It's probably just because I live in WV so I know that is the one field that it would be damn near impossible for me to ever work in.
Also, when we were watching the behind the scenes stuff, I found out that Caity Lotz actually did the salmon ladder. I kind of assumed that it was either a stunt double or they used wires or something. But she really did it, and I think that is just so fucking cool. Now I have to get one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment