Sunday, September 14, 2014

New Tradition (Hopefully)

The Festival of Colors was just as great this year as it was last year. I would very much like to make this a new tradition. There really aren't many things that I enjoy enough to have any desire to commit to doing them every year, most traditions seem like kind of a waste of time to me, but this is one thing that I would do that for. It's just such an unusual experience; I've never known anything else quite like it. Apparently, as we learned this year, the whole idea behind the festival is unity. The point of the colors being that, once everyone is covered in different colors, we can't see our differences anymore. The goal is to bring everyone together and make connections with each other. It sounds kind of corny but I feel like, at least to some extent, it really does work. There's just something about being around all of these people who, for the most part, don't know each other, all having fun and throwing brightly colored dust at each other that makes you feel like you're a part of something. Plus, my sister, Caty got some really amazing pictures.
Like this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment