Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Time for Plan D

I sincerely believe that my life would be significantly better if I just had the time to do all of the things that I want/need to do. The problem is, my list of things that I want/need to do is eternally growing and so is my desire to just sleep through my life. I keep trying to make myself get up early enough to get everything done, without having to rush around in a frenzy and make myself even more of a lunatic than I already am. The problem is, not matter what I do, I just can't seem to make myself get up any earlier than I absolutely have to. I either A- sleep through my multiple alarms altogether, or B-wake up and think "Eh, I don't really have to get up just yet." Either way, it eventually leads to me waking up, looking at my clock, yelling "FUCK!", jumping out of bed, and being in a pissy mood for the rest of the day while accomplishing a fraction of the things I had hoped to accomplish.

So my new plan is this. Every night before I go to bed, I am going to start making a list of all the things I want/need to do the following day (you all know how much I like lists). I am also going to make notes of why these things are important and how my life will be improved if I actually get them done. Then I will go to sleep with these things fresh in my mind, in the hopes that I will wake up in the morning and still remember them. In case you can't tell, I'm getting kind of desperate here.

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, I make weekly lists, broken down by day, of what I need to accomplish. Otherwise, I get nothing done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a very good idea. I really need to start doing that.

      Delete