Thursday, December 12, 2013

Quest

I find myself much more capable of dealing with my bullshit life when I feel like I have something to look forward to. In fact, if I don't have something to look forward to, I pretty much just turn into a giant fuming ball of red-hot rage. Unfortunately, I just haven't been able to find much of anything worthwhile in my possible future lately. So I've decided to just make a plan and pretend like it's going to happen even though it, almost certainly, won't.

I mentioned before that, some day, I really want to do a Sam and Dean style roadtrip to various haunted places around the country. Well, now I've started reading American Gods and they're on a roadtrip too, because apparently roadside attractions are the holy places of America. If you read the book it actually kind of makes sense, seriously I swear. So now I thinking "I have to do this!"

I have also mentioned that, partly because I never think I will have enough money to buy (or even rent) a house of my own, I want to buy a camper to live in. So, here's my new plan. Find a way to save up enough money to buy a camper (and a car to pull it with) and then go on a quest to see all of the haunted and/or holy places in America.

Who's in? 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! If I ever actually do it, you are definitely invited! And you don't have to sleep in my shitty camper if you don't want to. We could always find some exceptionally cheesy motel rooms :)

      Delete
    2. I think a combo of camper staying and Supernatural-style hotel rooms might be the best option :)

      Delete
    3. I agree, but only if we can find rooms that have those crazy-ass room dividers :) Those are an absolute necessity.

      Delete