Thursday, December 5, 2013

Self-Sabotage

You remember that poetry thing I mentioned a while back? Well, it's tomorrow. And I have not prepared at all! When I first heard about it, I was so fucking excited! I was so sure it was going to amazing. I was going to practice my poem until I had it perfect. Instead, I sort of read over it four or five time over the last few days. This is what I do to myself. I take the things that mean the most to me and I do whatever I can to fuck them up. Hopefully, now that I'm all terrified about it, I will get super motivated and memorize the damn thing by tomorrow night. That's usually how I do things. Apparently, intense fear is very inspiring to me.
I was totally going to be all intense, and passionate, and expressive like Anis Mojgani. Now I'll be lucky if I remember what I'm supposed to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment