Sunday, December 15, 2013

Oops

I have a tendency to give the animals nicknames. I almost never call any of them by their real names. If nothing else, I call them by some strange mispronunciation of their names. I don't really know why I do this, but I do. Anyway, Kaya has had more nicknames than any of the others. There is just something about him that makes me want to call him weird, cutesy names. For the last year or so, my favorite name for him has been Mei Mei. I got it from Firefly. They used it a couple of times on the show, and I just found it adorable. I sort of assumed it was just a generic term of endearment. So I started using it for Kaya. A while back, I got curious and decided to look it up and find out exactly what it meant. Turns out it means "little sister." Oops. I thought to myself  "I'm going to have to start calling him something else. I can't call my male cat 'little sister'. That just wouldn't be right." Then I realized that he really probably wouldn't mind. He is more beautiful than any female cat, or female of any other species for that matter, that I have ever seen. Plus, he's a complete fucking diva. So yeah, I still call him Mei Mei.
Beautiful. 

Also, kind of a bitch. 












No comments:

Post a Comment