Friday, December 20, 2013

Ewwwww

After yesterday's post, some of you may be wondering why the fuck I would be so damn determined to make myself get by on less sleep, when most people are constantly tying for more sleep. Well, I'm going to tell you a little story.

For the last weeks or so, the ground outside the door of the pig barn has been a straight sheet of ice. Fortunately, it was rough enough on the surface that, as long as I was careful, I could still walk on it. Then, yesterday it got up near sixty degrees here and the ice began to melt. It didn't quite melt all the way though. It just sort of melted on the surface. This caused it to become slick as all fuck. When I got to the barn, I could tell by it's excessively shiny appearance that it was slick, but I thought "I'll just be extra careful. It can't be that slick." Wrong! I'm holding both water buckets and I, very slowly, take a single step forward and (SWOOSH!) my feet go flying out from under me. I do sort of a half turn in the air and land with the side of my leg directly on top of one of one of the buckets. Then, by some twisted physics that I don't understand, I sort of skidded across the top of the lid; resulting in a gash across the front of my knee and a bruise stretching almost the entire length from my hip bone to the side of my knee.

By now, you're probably wondering just what the hell any of this has to do with the amount of sleep I get on a given night. Well, normally, an event like this would have made me absolutely furious. First of all- it's just plain inconvenient, second-I hate feeling like a fool (which is sort of the inevitable result of failing to keep your own body standing upright), and third- it kind of hurt. On the average day, I probably would have ended up punching something. Would you like to know what my response was yesterday? "Ouch." and then "Eh." and then I went about my day.

You see, there is obviously something severely fucked up about my brain chemistry because sleep deprivation affects me in about the same way that a mild sedative affects other people. I feel basically the same as I do any other time except for the fact that I don't get ridiculously pissed off over stupid shit all the time.
Now you're probably wondering why the hell I posted a picture of a rainbow. It's because this is basically what my leg looks like at this point. It is SO many different colors. 


No comments:

Post a Comment