Saturday, November 30, 2013

Good News/Bad News

I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I stopped in Goodwill yesterday to pick up my check and I looked at the schedule for next week, and I'm not on it. Today is officially my last day at Goodwill!
The bad news is that, when I stopped in to get my check, I stuck the check in my back pocket and a little while later when I tried to take it out it was gone. We had already left Goodwill, gone to a grocery store and were pulling out of the parking lot when I discovered it was missing. So, naturally we went back to the parking lot we had just left and walked every inch of it. Then we went back into the store. Then we went back to Goodwill, where the manager helped me look for it, even though they were completely bombarded with customers. No luck. The manager said that she would call me if they found it. So I spend the rest of the day being pissed/stressed about it and wondering what I am going to do if I can't find it. Then I get a call from Goodwill. When I saw their number on my phone I was just so incredibly relieved! Then the manager tells me that some woman found my check in the Shop N Save parking lot and that she left her contact information so I could call her and meet her somewhere to pick it up. We were out of that parking lot for literally two minutes before I noticed that the check was gone! If she had just not picked it up, I could have gone back and gotten it and everything would have been fine. Now I have to call some random person and make plans with her just so I can get my fucking paycheck! And I have to pretend that I am grateful to her for picking it up. I know that I should be grateful to her for picking it up, but I'm not. Now I have to go through this awkward social interaction with her to get my check instead of just reaching down and picking it up out of a parking lot. I am a shitty human being.


No comments:

Post a Comment