Thursday, November 28, 2013

It's Funny Because No One Died

So, a few days ago, I almost set the cat on fire. Yeah. That could have ended very VERY badly.

Here's what happened; I have this candle that my mom gave me. It's some kind of aroma therapy thing that's supposed to make me happier or something. I don't know that it actually works, but it does make the house smell better which I suppose makes me a bit happier in and of itself.

Anyway, instead of blowing the thing out, like a normal person, I like to pinch it out with my fingers. Well, the other night, I put the flame out and a piece of what I thought was ash stuck to my finger and I flicked it off without even thinking about it. I didn't see where it landed and I didn't really think it mattered so I just started to get ready to go to bed. Then I looked down and noticed that Impala was laying on the floor right under the candle. Then I noticed a tiny glowing, red dot on his fur. I thought to myself  "What the fuck is....OH SHIT! OH SHIT! OH SHIT!" He didn't even seem to notice that he was slowly catching on fire. I did my best to talk very calmly to him and carefully reached down and picked the small ember out of his fur without him ever figuring out what was going on. This was an extremely lucky thing because, if he had figured out what was going on, he would have no doubt gone tearing through the house setting everything around him ablaze and I NEVER would have caught him. It would have been a complete and utter disaster that would have most likely ended in tragedy for him and crippling guilt for me. Since no one got hurt, it's just kind of funny.
I imagine he would have looked something like this, minus the swim fins. 

2 comments: