Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Conflicting Emotions

Do you ever find yourself hopelessly torn between hoping that something does happen and hoping that it doesn't? I was supposed to be at work right now, but I called off because it snowed and I just couldn't see risking my life and, more importantly, my mom's car (yes, I actually was more concerned about the prospect of fucking up my mom's car than I was of dying) for a job that I am only going to have for a few more days. Anyway, everybody knew there was supposed to be this huge storm coming. I hate snow, hate it with a passion. Yet, when I heard about the storm I was excited because it would mean that I had a good excuse not to go to work. Plus, for the first time in months they had actually scheduled someone to work with me, so if I didn't show up they would still have a cashier. I ended up having this weird internal argument between the part of my mind that wanted the storm to happen and the part that didn't. It went something like this;
"Yay! There's a big snow storm coming!"
"But we hate snow!"
"Yeah, but if it snows we don't have to go to work!"
"But we should go to work because we are quitting and we need the extra money."
"Oh bullshit, we don't need the money that bad. Plus we hate that job."
"We do need the money that bad, and the snow will be just as horrible as going to work."
"Nothing is as horrible as going to work."
And that's how the part of my mind that wanted it to snow won the argument. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment