Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Supernatural+Animal Rights=the Very Best Thing Ever!

I knew there was a reason I put off writing my blog today. I just finished watching the Supernatural episode form last night and it was quite possibly my favorite episode ever! I am going to try not to ruin it for anyone, but there was a definite animal rights theme. At the beginning, I was pissed because I thought for sure it was going to be a whole episode making fun of, and possibly demonizing (no pun intended), animal rights activists. By the end though, there was a clear pro-animal message. The vegans were the good guys, even if they were "hippy freaks". Dogs should never be left in cars. The pound is a horrible depressing place. Even the smallest animals have impressive skills. Taxidermy is super fucking creepy. They even, at least to me, sort of highlighted the inherent insanity of eating animals. It was so great! Also, I think Dean definitely likes dogs now, yay!

4 comments:

  1. I'm two weeks behind with no time to catch up until next week. I'm not sure how I'm gonna stand it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sucks! I just about lose my mind waiting for a day or two. Of course, I basically have no life outside of Supernatural anymore, hahah. So, what do you have going on?

      Delete
    2. This is hell week for me, school-wise. Too many projects due and not enough time to do them.

      Delete
    3. Oh :/ that's never fun. Good luck. I hope everything goes well.

      Delete