Thursday, November 7, 2013

Badass Girls

I have been thinking lately about shows with really tough female characters, and I have come to the conclusion that someone needs to inform the makers of these shows that taking a cute girl and making her hit things does not automatically make her a badass. You have to actually teach her how to fight, at least a little, otherwise she just looks like a little girl pretending to fight. I'm not saying all shows do this, but a lot of them do, and it bugs the shit out of me. Can we hire some actresses who are actually tough, instead of just hiring pretty ones and having them pretend to be tough? I think young Mary Winchester has to be one of the worst ones ever. Do you remember the fight scene between her and Dean? She looked fucking ridiculous.
At least S.H.I.E.L.D. acknowledged the fact that Skye sucks at fighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment