Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Untold Stories

I keep thinking that I want to write a novel (I know. How original right? It's not like everyone on the planet has thought about that at multiple times throughout their lives.) I keep coming up with these stories and characters, but anytime I actually try to write them down I get stuck. I think of certain events that should take place, and then I can never figure out how to fill in the spaces between them. I end up with these chunks of storyline with nothing to tie them together. Then, at some point, I think of how it would end and after that I can't seem to focus on it anymore, because really once you know the end of the story the middle feels sort of irrelevant.

Anyway, here is a quote from a bit of dialogue I was thinking about the other day, for a story that will most likely never be written.

"When something gets broken and you glue it back together, it's never the same again. It's scarred and ugly, it can never be perfect or pure again, but it's stronger. Each time a piece gets broken off and you stick it back on, it gets harder to break it the next time. Every little seam brings it closer to being indestructible . At this point, I'm nothing but a gob of glue with some shards of glass stuck in it, but I'm not going to break anymore."



2 comments:

  1. I love it! Can't wait to read the novel, even it's in 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Hahaha, I might be able to pull that off. Maybe.

      Delete