Friday, January 4, 2013

Hey, People Have Been Believing Random Shit They Read in Books for Thousands of Years

How do we ever know if we are on the right paths in our lives? Every time I make a decision about what direction I'm going to go, something shifts and changes everything. Sometimes it's just my own perception that changes, but many times it's not. I've never thought the idea of fate made much sense, but I swear it seems like something out there is either trying to push me in a direction that I can't seem to find or it's just trying to screw me over, one or the other. There is this one concept that I've always loved. It's actually from The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I know that sounds stupid, but it's a cool idea, so bear with me. It's called Ka and it's sort of a combination of fate and free will. Basically the idea is, if you're doing what you're supposed to be doing, things will just line up for you. I keep thinking that someday I'll find the right path and things will actually start to work out for me, for the first time in my life. So far it just looks like the universe hates me.

2 comments:

  1. I love this concept - and the Dark Tower series : ) I'm just looking for that right path too *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so far I have no evidence to support it but I do find it rather comforting.

      Delete