Sunday, January 27, 2013

Qualifications: Volatile, Vegan, Fearless to the Point of Stupidity, Strong, High Pain Tolerance, Burning Desire to Do Things that May Result in Death, Hard Worker.

I haven't mentioned this before because I wasn't sure about it. I'm still not sure, but I have decided to mention it anyway because now I've realized that I need advice! I've been thinking about applying for a job as a police officer. I know it sounds ridiculous! The reason I'm considering it is because I am so fucking bored I think my head is going to explode! I NEED excitement in my life. I need a job that makes me feel alive. The problem is, I live in West Virginia and if I do get this job I will probably just end up arresting a bunch of drunk rednecks and still not doing anything exciting. Plus I don't particularly like authority figures, I hate uniforms, and it has recently come to my attention that I may or may not be able to eat at the Police Academy (since I'm vegan). So here's my question; what should I do with my life? I want a meaningful but exciting job, that doesn't require me to do things I don't believe in, and I can't for the life of me think of a single job that fits that description. HALP!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not really in a position to give life advice, since I have no idea where my life is going. But I keep thinking of adventure guides and things like that. You'd get to be outside, doing adventurous stuff, helping people. Of course there's training involved, and I have no idea if you'd even be interested in anything like that. But that's what I thought of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually does sound pretty cool. I hadn't thought about that. Thank you. Also, I'm not really in a position to be picky about where my advice comes from.

      Delete
  2. I met a lot of really cool outdoorsy, health conscious people in the Fayetteville area and a lot of them worked as guides/trainers/etc. They got to be outside all day (seasonally) and do work that didn't conflict with their values. I realize you need training and an inclination to do that sort of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to look into that. I think that sounds like it would be pretty exciting.

      Delete