Monday, January 21, 2013

I Call Her the Subrusaurus

It seems like most people have a tendency to develop attachments to inanimate objects, especially cars. A lot of people love their cars and take ridiculously good care of them. I don't do that, with anything. I don't get that connection to things. I don't have that desire to have nice things and I don't own anything that I would be terribly upset if I lost it. My dad and I were talking about this the other day. I told him that I just don't understand people who are obsessive about their cars, and that I can't imagine ever feeling that way. He said that I would understand someday, when I can afford to buy a nice car. Here's the thing though, I will probably never buy a nice car, no matter how much money I have. I don't want to have to worry about it getting scratched or dented or dirty. I just want it to get me where I need to go, that's all. The care I have now is old, filthy and falling apart  but I don't care. She used to be a Subaru, but the A feel off so now she's a Subru and I'm pretty sure she was built sometime in the Cretaceous period. Whatever, who do I need to impress?

No comments:

Post a Comment