Saturday, January 5, 2013

Curses!

So I just had to buy a new computer, again! My old one just suddenly stopped working, completely. Every computer I have ever had has done the same thing. One day they just randomly die and I lose everything I had saved on them. I swear I am afflicted with some sort of curse that causes every electronic device I touch to turn to shit. Computers and cell phones seem to be especially susceptible. I once had a cell phone on which the nine button got stuck. That happened to be the button that speed dialed my aunt. So every time I opened my phone it said "calling Aunt Becky." I had another one that had a defective seven button, so if I ever needed to call anyone with a seven in their number I was just out of luck. When I interned at Farm Sanctuary the first time, I took pictures of all of the animals there on my phone. Shortly after I got back, my phone suddenly dies and I lose all of my pictures. I'm not sure who I pissed off but, whoever they are, they are very good. Considering the fact that every aspect of our current society depends upon technology, this is just about the most inconvenient curse ever.

2 comments:

  1. That sucks! My computer is slowly dying, and I live in fear of the day it completely goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your computer holds out. It's such a huge pain in the ass when they die.

      Delete