Sunday, January 20, 2013

God Damn It Netflix! You're Ruining My Life.

For anyone who is interested, here is a list of all the shows that have absorbed an inordinate amount of my time over the last year or so. I highly recommend all of them, that is assuming you have nothing better to do with your life.

1. Firefly. I love it so much I have watched it, I think, six times all the way through. I sincerely hope that Fox realizes how badly they fucked up with this one, because the crew of Serenity have been off the air for ten years now, and still no power in the Verse can stop them.

2. The Walking Dead. I may get lynched for this but, of all the shows on this list, this is the one I am least attached to. I mean it's good, but all of the characters are...well....assholes. I just don't really care all that much if the walkers eat them. Sorry.

3. Doctor Who. Let's just say there's a reason the Doctor is coming up on his fiftieth anniversary. He is amazing! Somehow every episode manages to be utterly absurd and completely believable at the same time. I must say though, as much as I love Eleven, I still miss Ten terribly.

4. Torchwood. For those who don't know, this is a Doctor Who spin-off centered around Captain Jack Harkness, everyone's favorite equal opportunity nymphomaniac. Be prepared to see more guy on guy make out scenes than you have ever seen in your life.

5. Sherlock. "I know, let's make this incredibly brilliant show that people will get utterly addicted to, and then make the seasons two episodes long." What the hell Moffat?

6. being human. This was, quite possibly, my favorite show of all time....... until they killed off my favorite character in the most horrible way imaginable!  Fuck whoever wrote that scene! Fuck him repeatedly. Anyway after that, as much as I hate to admit it, it's still a pretty great show.

7. Supernatural. (Yo Dawg, I heard you like lists?) Don't take this to mean that this is the best show on the list, only that it's the freshest in my mind because I just finished it two day ago.
Reasons Supernatural is badass.
     1. Friggin Winchesters man!
     2. An interpretation of religion that, sadly, comes closer to making sense than any other I have heard.
     3. Castiel, the apparently autistic angel.
     4. Sexy soulless Sam < ^ (What can I say? I like alliteration.)
     5. The word gank.
     6. Rednecks speaking Latin.
     7. A kind of  "hunter" that I actually approve of.
     8. The Impala.
     9. The prophet, Chuck.
     10. "I need a penknife, some dental floss, a sewing needle and a fifth of whisky. Stat!"
     11. An animal experimenter being eaten by an alligator, and the general consensus that he deserved it.
     12. The fact that I am now tempted to carry salt with me at all times.
     13. Sam and Dean's Christmas presents to each other.
     14. Kevin, the vegan prophet.
     15. Corn syrup as the downfall of humanity.
     16. Cas talking about going all ALF.
Things that kind of pissed me off
     1. Dean's eating habits. Good fucking god, enough with the bacon cheeseburgers!
     2. The mispronunciation of Samhain. Seriously guys, isn't it somebody's job to look this shit up?
     3. The fact that Bobby was a hunter before he was a "hunter".

2 comments:

  1. Now I have more shows to add to my list of "to be watched." Dammit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I didn't mean to infect you with my aversion to reality. Hahah.

      Delete