Thursday, January 24, 2013

I Can Open My Own Fucking Jars, Thank You

One of my main goals in life is to get to the point where I don't need anyone else. I hate having to depend on other people for things. I don't like asking for help, and I don't like feeling like I owe someone something. So many women talk about wanting a man to take care of them. To be fair, some of them are joking but a lot of them aren't. I have never wanted that. I don't want anyone to take care of me, or protect me, or whatever. If I ever actually do end up in a relationship, all I want is for the other person to have my back.

Oh yeah, about that title. My mom and I used to joke that we needed a man around just to open jars. Well, Last night I opened a jar for my dad. I guess that means I officially don't need a man in my life. You know, except for that whole companionship/human connection thing, but whatever.

1 comment: