Thursday, January 3, 2013

Someday We'll Look Back on This and Laugh

It's funny how events tend to lose their emotional charge over time. Actually no wait, it's not funny, it's dangerous, or at least it is for me. My ability to remember what happened, but inability to remember how I felt about it, has caused me to repeat past mistakes on multiple occasions. I look back on my past and think that it seems good, or at least better than what I'm doing now. I have done this with, almost, every job I've ever had and I do it A LOT when I think about when I lived in Morgantown. I think "I had friends" "I had things to do" "I went to parties" but I can never remember exactly how I felt. I know I was really unhappy. I remember that, but I can't feel it, so I can't remember why. It seems like I should have been having the time of my life, but I know I wasn't. How am I ever supposed to know if I'm making progress in my life or not if I always think the past was better than the present?

No comments:

Post a Comment