Sunday, July 13, 2014

The Value of Time

I have been thinking about time recently. There are a few different things I want to cover, so I think I'll split this up into a few different posts.

One of the things that irritates me the most in life is people who intentionally waste other people's time. And I find that I get overly furious at people who intentionally waste my time. I know I don't have much going on in my life and, to all of you, it probably seems like all I do is waste time. Perhaps you're right, but here's the thing; our time is all we have. Time is life. When you use up time, you are literally using up a piece of your life. I don't really care if I have anything important to do or not, the last thing I want to do with my life is waste it on someone who places no value on it. If someone doesn't have respect for your time, then they really don't have respect for your life.

I know this probably sounds hypocritical coming from me, because anyone who knows me knows that I have a tendency to be late....frequently. I know a lot of people don't understand this, but that in no way indicates that I don't care about other people's time, only that I severely mismanage my own. I don't actually get angry at people for being late, because I understand how that happens. It's the people who just don't care is they take forever to do things. The people who just never seem to be in a hurry, and who can clearly see that you are and just don't fucking care. I don't care how much time I have to spare, if I notice that I am holding someone else up, I move my fucking ass.
This ^ is from the movie In Time, which I thought was kind of eh, but was still worth watching because it was a fairly interesting concept. 






No comments:

Post a Comment