Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Value of Time 3

Since I consider time to be so precious, it seems to me that the best thing a person can do to show someone that they care about them is to make an effort to spend time with them. When you really love someone, whether romantically or otherwise, you genuinely want to spend your time with that person. You want to be with them even when it's not convenient for you, and even if it means doing something that you might not otherwise have chosen to do. Now, I'm not saying that if you love someone you have to spend every waking moment with that person, or that the two of you have to do everything together, or that you have to do a bunch of shit you hate doing. All I'm saying is that the more you care about someone the more you are willing to do just to be near that person. Conversely, if someone never goes out of their way to be around you, it's a fair assumption that they don't really give a shit about you. This is something that I am trying very hard to remember in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment