Saturday, July 26, 2014

Not a Flattering Comparison

You know what the one thing is that keeps me sane most of the time? Stories. Whether it's the ones I read, or watch, or write for myself in my own head. I love them. I love that feeling that I get from losing myself in some other world. The farther they are from my own life, the better. A lot of times, I feel like I know fictional people better than I know any of the real people in my life. 

Not only do I love stories, but my brain seems especially proficient at keeping track of them. I don't care how long it's been, if I really connect with one I will remember it, in great detail, forever. And no matter what, I'm always looking for more. More excitement, more adventure, more characters to care about much more than anyone should. I collect stories. I'm always searching for new ones, because a story is one of the few things in this world that, once you have it, you can keep it forever. 
I'm kind of like Metatron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment