Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The Value of Time 2

To continue my previous post's discussion of time, I think the reason I am so bothered by my time being wasted is because I have very limited options when it comes to way of spending my time that don't make me feel like I'm going to go insane. The thing is, I pretty much hate everything about this world and that makes living in it somewhat difficult. I need to keep my mind off of the fact that nothing is the way I want it to be. There are really only two ways I have found of doing this. 1-Stay so busy that I don't have time to think about anything. 2- Find some way of escaping from the world. Now, if I can find something productive to do that will keep my brain sufficiently occupied that's great, but that's rather hard to do. So when I'm doing things like reading, watching Netflix, or browsing Pinterest for an exceptionally long time, what I'm really doing is saving my sanity. When someone removes these two options by forcing me to do something boring, pointless, or tedious it feels like an assault on my very soul.
Apparently this is from Richard II. I haven't read that one, but I may have to now; it's a pretty good quote. 



No comments:

Post a Comment