Sunday, July 6, 2014

I Swear I Don't Have Leprosy

I spent the better part of the day today helping put up hay. To go off on a bit of a tangent for a second; I always wonder if that is a phrase that other people understand, or is it one of those backwoods WV things that the rest of the world has no idea what it means? In case it's the latter, "putting up hay" is walking around gathering up freshly baled hay and loading it into a truck, trailer, etc. Anyway, that's what I did today and, let me tell you, I am going to look fucking awesome tomorrow. 1-I ended up with a ridiculous sunburn. And 2- I found that the easiest way to lift the bales up higher is to sort of roll them up and push them with my forearms. Since I wasn't wearing sleeves, this eventually resulted in the entirety of my forearms being completely covered in tiny scratches. The scratches are so close together that you can't even tell that they are scratches, it just sort of look like my skin of rotting off.  
Kind of like this, but way less attractive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment