Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Well, First I Got Up and Had a Piece of Toast. Then I Brushed My Teeth

I sometime really wish that I wasn't so good at pretending to be a nice person. I'm really not all that nice. Most people probably don't believe me when I say that, but I swear it's true. I have just gotten very very good at faking it. The problem with this is, people like to talk to nice people. So, the fact they I act like a nice person causes shit-tons of people to decide to tell me everything about themselves. Worse yet, the only time I interact with people is when I'm at work; and when I'm at work I need to, you know, work! I get all of these customers, mostly old people who I feel really bad for because they apparently don't have anyone else to talk to, telling me their life stories while I'm trying to do my fucking job. I usually try to stand there and listen to them, despite the fact that I am ridiculously busy (because I have to pretend to be nice) but you just can't get some of these people to shut up!

6 comments:

  1. I have been dealing with my own Chatty Cathy here on vacation, and it is driving me (and everyone else) crazy. Some people just don't know how to shut the fuck up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that :/ That would definitely put a damper on the vacation fun. How is it going otherwise?

      Delete
    2. It's going well, but I think I will need a vacation to recover from it. But I'm seriously going to smack a bitch, if she doesn't shut up soon.

      Delete
    3. Hahaha, well it sounds like she deserves it.

      Delete
  2. Wow. This one leaves me speechless. I really enjoyed thinking you were nice! I hope I didn't happen to cross that line and annoy you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assure you, I was NOT talking about you :) I have always enjoyed talking to you. I feel like we have things in common and can have real conversations. What bothers me is the people who talk to me at work just because I'm there. They have no interest in talking to me specifically; they just want to talk to someone.

      Delete