Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I Am Human

It seems that I may have a cold. I am more bothered by this than I have any right to be. You see, I have this need to convey an image of invincibility. I'm not sure how many other people buy into it, but I usually manage to keep myself pretty well convinced. Veganism keeps me healthy; I'm fairly certain this is the first illness I have had in at least a year and I'm still not even entirely sure that's what this is. I mean I am surrounded by allergens of every shape and size all day long. My workout schedule keeps me strong, and I compensate for any lack of strength I may have with pure stubbornness. And my high pain tolerance and lack of concern for my own safety give me the distinct feeling that nothing can hurt me. That is, until I get a fucking cold! Then I realize that despite my best efforts (and my best delusions) I am still just human after all. Alas.

2 comments:

  1. Colds are one of the greatest plagues of the human race. It seems that no one is immune.

    P.S. The video is awesome. As much as I hate smoking, Jared makes it look hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are :/

      I really liked it. I kind of feel like smoking just intensifies whatever a person already is. So, naturally, I thought Jared made it look pretty hot too :)

      Delete