Sunday, August 4, 2013

Moving Day

Today I helped my (younger) sister and her boyfriend get furniture moved into their new apartment. Almost everyone I went to school with, and most of the people my sister went to school with are married and have multiple children, meanwhile I am perpetually single, living with my dad and just went back to my old minimum wage job. I wouldn't even mind all of that if I had traded society's idea of "successful" for a life full of excitement and adventure. I would be totally okay with being single and broke forever if I was having fun with it, or doing things that I felt were important, or going interesting places, or having incredible experiences. Unfortunately I pretty much just traded society's idea of "successful" for my own idea of "pathetic". "Oh, you have a house and a husband and three kids? Well, I.... ummmm write a blog."

No comments:

Post a Comment