Thursday, August 22, 2013

Illness Induced Metaphors

As far as I'm concerned, one of the only perks of being a cashier is that you have almost no responsibility. You see, cashiers are sort of like light-bulbs; the job they do is necessary, but the individual bulb is basically meaningless. One burns out and you stick any other one in it's place. They are interchangeable and easily replaceable. This relieves the cashier of any sense of obligation. They push their little buttons and count their money and then go on with their lives with no concern for anything else that happens in the store. This being said, you would think that if a cashier say, has a cold and just wants to call off work and sleep all day she should be able to do that, yeah? No. Not me. I knew I was supposed to close by myself tonight so I had to go anyway, because I really didn't know what they would do if I didn't.

2 comments: