Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Road So Far

For the full experience, please press play before you begin reading. 


Here is my annual summary of my "accomplishments" from the past year. Okay, let's start with what I did and did not manage to check off of my to-do list from last year.

1- Do some real activism. Also, write more animal right related posts here.- 
I did not, in fact, do any real activism, but I did write a few animal rights related posts. So I guess that's something. 

2- Find a way to make enough money to get by without wishing I were dead.
I'm calling this one close enough.

3- I am going to rephrase the "social skills" one a bit and say that I want to start doing more social activities., and  find, at least, one that I actually enjoy.
I'm counting my martial arts classes for this one. I think that's as close as I'm likely to get to any social activities.

4- I still really want to take a martial arts class.
I have, in fact, been taking two. Plus my capoeira DVD. 

5- I damn well better be able to do a fucking pull up by next year! 
I should get bonus points for this one! Since I'm now at ten overhand and ten underhand. 

6- I AM going to go back to Farm Sanctuary this year, and hopefully back to the Festival of Colors as well.
Once again, I did not make it to Farm Sanctuary, but I did go back to the Festival of Colors.

7- Learn to act like one of those confident girls. Who know, stand up for myself, stand up for my beliefs, talk to people.
I'm giving myself half a point for this one. I'm definitely better than I used to be, but I still have a long way to go.

8- Learn to make metal jewelry, and hopefully actually sell some.
Not so much, but I'm working on it, okay!?

9- Write more poetry, and hopefully perform it somewhere.
I have actually read my poems aloud twice now. I sucked at it, but I did it. Also, I may do it again toward the end of January. Maybe.

10- Buy a car. A cool one would be nice but, at this point, I would settle for a piece of shit one.
Hah! No.

11- Write something more substantial than a blog post. Get another article published? Write for the Flaming Vegan? Work on the "book" I started writing forever ago? Something.
I did actually submit a short story to a magazine. I still don't know if it will be published but hey, I tried.

12- I don't know, maybe go on a fucking date or something. Have some sort of romantic type interaction with another human being.
Again, I didn't do it well, but I did it.

13- Get myself on a real schedule so that maybe I can accomplish half of the things I set out to do, in a given day. Especially get my sleep schedule down, so that I don't start out the day with several less hours than I had planned on.
I have been doing really well with this lately, mostly thanks to the alarm clock my mom bought me. It has a "bed shaker" which works amazingly well.

14- Keep up with my goddamn email! Fucking hell I have so many emails! 
My email is finally under control. 


As for my bucket list, I did
26-Have sexy pictures taken. 
My sister took some really cool ones for me. 
27-Get my skin cleared up. 
It's not perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than it used to be. I'm chalking it up to my obsessively healthy diet, also coconut oil. 

Some other things I've done are 
1-Started the process of getting the cats fixed. 
2-Spent a lot more of my free time reading and writing and a lot less time watching TV. 
3-Got rid of all the nasty carpet in the house. 
4-Gotten to the point where I no longer eat any junk food at all. I have, in fact, completely beaten my corn chip addiction. 
5-Learned a lot about various pagan beliefs, and actually did a few rituals. 
6-Went to Phipps Conservatory, which was really quite lovely. 
7-Got, sort of, a whole new look that I'm fairly pleased with, including a hair color I like to think of as "Caprica Six blonde". 
8-Convinced my sister to start watching Supernatural. 
9-Started the process of filling in the pig mud. I'm counting this even though it made almost no difference. 
10-Even though the whole clay jewelry idea didn't pan out very well. I did make one necklace that I really like and wear every day. 


For anyone who made it through my large list of small accomplishments, I'm rewarding you with a bonus song. Also, I apologize to anyone who reads this blog but doesn't watch Supernatural; you must be so confused right now. 





No comments:

Post a Comment