Saturday, December 6, 2014

Good Class

I think last night was the most productive class I've had yet. This is partly due to the fact that I was there until almost 10:00 (class is supposed to be over at 8:30). The other girl was there last night and she left shortly after class was supposed to be over, then the instructor and I kept working for over an hour after that.

Anyway, at the beginning of class the other girl and I worked on clinch. This was pretty cool because I had only ever done it against my instructor, so I really had no idea how good I was at it, and it turns out that I'm apparently pretty decent. I think she was actually getting a little pissed because she couldn't get away from me. After that we worked on defending/blocking kicks. I wasn't quite as good at that, but I think I was getting better by the end...I think.


After she left, the instructor and I worked on throwing and defending body kicks, and then kind of spared with it a little. He also taught me this nifty little trick which basically seems like a guaranteed way to knock someone on their ass. Of course this means that I got knocked on my ass several times, before I got it. Also, I'm not sure how exactly it happened, but at some point I got kicked in the throat. It was kind of hilarious actually because it barely even touched me, and it was obviously a complete accident, but for a second I think he thought he seriously hurt me because he jumped back and his eyes got really big until I started laughing. So yeah, pretty good class.
Also, the other girl had been referring to me as "Vegan" but has now started calling me "Fairy". I'm not entirely sure why, but I think it's slightly derogatory, so perhaps next time I will blast her my fairy light. 



P.S. My post is up at The Flaming Vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment