Saturday, May 10, 2014

So Exciting!

Last night my sister and I went to see my friend Rachel's exhibit at the Westmoreland Museum of American Art. She is a fantastic photographer, and it was so great to see her get some recognition for her work. She is also my oldest friend. She reminded me last night that we have known each other for twenty years, which is really cool and also makes me feel really old.

We also ended up going out with Rachel and some of her friends for a while, which was the most social interaction I have had for quite some time. It was very nice of her to invite us, since she knows better than anyone how shitty I am in social situations. I actually did better than I expected though. I think I was only moderately awkward, as opposed to holy-shit-so-fucking-awkward. So that was nice. I still kind of felt like whenever someone asked "How do you know Rachel?" and I said "We were homeschooled together" they probably thought "Oh. That explains a lot." Another of those stereotypes I try not to perpetuate, but still do.
I was also super honored to see a picture of Tuni and me a the exhibit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment