Monday, May 12, 2014

Carrie Complex

I have recently realized that a large part of the reason I have such a hard time connecting with people is because I am inherently suspicious of anyone who is ever nice to me. I can't help but assume that anyone who appears to like me, in any way, must have some ulterior motive. Not necessarily that they want to do anything as malicious as dump a bucket of blood on me (I'd never rule out that possibility though) just that they don't really mean it. Maybe they're being nice to me just because they're nice people and they feel obligated to be nice to me. Maybe they want something from me. Maybe they pity me. Maybe it really is some kind of joke. I don't know. All I do know is, when someone is nice to me, my first thought is NEVER "This person genuinely likes me." This is probably a very unhealthy thing. 
Also, I haven't actually seen the new Carrie yet. Has anyone seen it? Was it any good?


No comments:

Post a Comment