Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Are You Trying to Kill Me or What?

Today as I was coming into Mannington, I drove past what I thought was a rock. As I got near it I realized that it was, in fact, a tortoise. Just a I was turning around to go get him, I saw a car coming the other way, heading right toward him. I flashed my lights at the other car and just assumed that by the time I got turned around it would be too late. Shockingly, the car actually slowed down and managed to miss him. Still, I had to whip around, stop right in the middle of what is probably the busiest stretch of road in the Mannington area, get out, grab the tortoise, take him to the side of the road, climb over the guardrail, try not to fall over the hill as I tried to get him to a halfway flat area, then weave between cars coming the other direction as I sprinted back to my car before someone had a chance to rear-end me.

No comments:

Post a Comment