Thursday, May 15, 2014

Lost and Found

Do you ever just suddenly remember some random-ass thing you used to have; like an article of clothing, a piece of jewelry, a book, a CD, whatever, and desperately want it back? This happens to me every once in a while. Sometimes it's something that I used to really like and just lost interest in and stored somewhere. In which case I will go digging through all of my stuff searching for it. Other times it's something that I know damn well I got rid of long ago. In this case I sometimes still go ahead and dig through my stuff hoping I'm wrong and it's still there somewhere. I have no idea why this happens to me. You would think, if you're sure enough that you don't want something anymore that you actually get rid of it, you would continue to not want it. Yet, on a fairly regular basis, I find myself in a state of intense longing for some stupid thing I gave to Goodwill five years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment