Sunday, May 25, 2014

I Don't Think This Is a Normal Response

I should really start watching different kinds of shows and movies. All the ones I like end up inspiring me to want to do weird, and/or dangerous, and/or socially unacceptable, and/or not humanly possible things. I always think "Hey if (insert fictional character's name here) can do it, so can I!" Then I have to remind myself that (insert fictional character's name here) is, in fact, a FICTIONAL character who is being portrayed by an actor who most likely has multiple stunt doubles, various wires and pulleys, strange camera angles, a full special effects team, and CGI to make all that shit look possible. Nonetheless, I can't help but think "Just because that actor probably wasn't really doing it, doesn't mean that it can't be done.........Right?" Then I go and try to do it, and one of these days I'm likely to break my fucking neck. 
Anyway, I just started watching Arrow (which is very good, by the way) and he has this crazy training room (which looks more like a dungeon, but whatever) with all this really cool equipment; including this ^ ridiculous contraption, which I am now convinced that I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment