Sunday, May 18, 2014

How Did You Even Get Here?

I think I've mentioned a couple of times how much I love Pinterest. It is, by far, my favorite way to completely waste my time. The one thing I don't like about it is that, every once in a while, I get some fucking asshole, that I don't know and doesn't follow any of my boards, commenting on my pins. I always think "Who are you? How did you even find this pin? And what in the name of fuck made you decide that you needed to comment on it?"

This morning some some dumbass, who is dressed in head to toe camouflage in his picture, commented on an anti-fur picture that I pinned months ago. The picture is of a mother fox and her babies and says "My family is my family, not your coat." Not exceptionally controversial, right? Well apparently this charming fellow thought it was. This is what he told me:

Just wait a year or so until they are big enough to eat all the chickens in the coup over a single night. You'll change your mind....... city folks don't understand this type of destructive and costly behavior that is "just their nature".

City folks? Really, sir? Can you not see from my fucking picture that I'm obviously not in the city? It pisses me off that people like this just assume that if you don't think killing animals is fun you must be some yuppie who has never met an animal. Actually, no! There are those of us who can look at wild animals and see them for the beautiful beings they are and not wonder how their heads would look hanging in our living rooms. Anyway, this was my response:

I live in the country. I've lived in the country my whole life. That's part of the reason I have such love and respect for all animals. I've seen them in their natural habitat and I know how intelligent, loving, and beautiful they are. We just make sure our animals are kept safe from wild animals that might attack them. There is NOTHING in this world that could change my mind. Thanks for your input though, whoever you are.

So yeah, we'll see what happens.

I was actually looking for the scene from "Trash" where Wash is freaking out about how Saffron ended up on the ship, but I found this one and thought it was equally appropriate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment