Thursday, October 31, 2013

Mmmmmm Mmmmmmmm Good

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before or not, but I am a terrible cook. Terrible. I probably would have starved to death long ago were it not for my rice cooker. Because I rely so heavily on it though, I end up eating the same thing all the time. I have been eating some variation of red beans and rice every day for the last several months. I have gotten to the point where I just don't think I can stand it anymore. So yesterday, when I went to the store, I decided that I was going to find something else to put in with my rice. My sister found me a recipe for a butternut squash stew and it sounded great, so I was really excited about trying it. I was just going to alter it a little to make it a rice dish instead of a stew. Guess what? They didn't have any butternut squash at the store, but by then I was too committed to the idea to give up on it. So, today I am going to put; rice, canned pumpkin, tomatoes, chickpeas, raisins, and possibly peas into my rice cooker and see what happens. Wish me luck.
I had such a great idea for an image for this post. I wanted to use that scene where Spike is talking about crunching up some kind of cereal in his blood and then Giles says something about never being able to eat again. I couldn't find it though, so I had to use this one. 

4 comments:

  1. It might be my hatred of pumpkin, but your recipe sound kind of gross :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually wasn't bad. Then again, as I'm sure Caty could tell you, I am not the best judge of food quality.

      Delete
    2. As long as you like it, it must be ok.

      Delete
    3. It actually got better the second day. I don't know why, but I really like it now. Mostly I think it's just that it's not red beans and rice, hahah.

      Delete